In 2001  I worked near home in Godmanchester which is on the River Ouse so we decided to buy a boat.  We purchased "Kimbo 111" which was a
Seamaster Admiral built (we think) in 1968 with a 1500cc Ford Watermotor petrol engine.  In the UK most of the river boat builders went bust in the 1970s
and 1980s so many of the boats you now see on the river are surprisingly old.  Generally speaking the older the boat the better it is made with thicker
fibreglass hulls and solid wood interiors.  However being old they require constant attention.  There is a saying that the only time you love your boat is the
day you buy it and the day you sell it.  We sold Enigma in 2006 after five happy years, by which time our garden was a jungle and the house needed plenty
of attention because we had  devoted so much time to keeping her going.
Mahogany InteriorEngine ChangeOther boating photos
Seamaster 25 - Admiral - River Boat
Moored at Godmanchester on the River Ouse
Below are 2 pictures of our boat after many, many hours of hard work. We
renamed her "Enigma".  I replaced most of the rotting external wood trim
with polished stainless steel.  I cut out the restrictive cockpit windows to fit
larger panes of glass.  The brown fence paint was stripped and proper
wood stain applied.  I then painted all the trim in light blue.  Finally new
curtains and blue paint on the fenders  made the new look more pleasing.
We later bought a new blue canopy.  
Below are 2 pictures of "Kimbo 111" in the condition she was in when
we bought her.  She was looking rather sad, all the exterior wood was
rotting, it had 10 coats of fence paint, much of it splashed over the
gelcoat and the effect of a  cream hull with brown paint and grey
curtains and grey deck paint looked drab.
If you want to contact me about anything on this site please email me -
Last updated  13 May 2018
I created this site in 2004 with Yahoo Sitebuilder (Now sold on to Aabaco), I still use Sitebuilder but for the last 10 years there has been a bug in my site .  If I make a change to the
Toolbar Sitebuilder will randomly delete text from site pages.  I split my site into sub domains and I have more or less eradicated the bug which I now know is caused by the Advanced
Navigation Bar Editor.  If a text box contains gibberish it is not my fault.  I would not recommend Sitebuilder, unfortunately I am stuck with it.